Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Special Edition: DOTY!

DOTY had a big "moment" this week so I just had to include it. Here is how the story goes:

DOTY teaches our Sunday School class at church. This week he wanted to do something special and introduce our topic with a clip from The Office television show. He needed to leave 30 minutes early to set everything up with our laptop and speakers. We decided to ride separately so that I could get Miss C ready and fed. So off he went.

30 minutes later...

Always rushing - I sweep up Miss C and we are out the door. I get to the car, open the door to put her in and realize there is no carseat. DOTY has the carseat with him in that vehicle. I call DOTY to tell him what has happened. He is still trying to get everything set up and he is struggling himself.

Thankfully, we have another carseat and base in Miss C's closet. They are the Graco brand whereas our normal carseat and base are the BabyTrend brand. Because of that I knew I would have to install the base itself - not just pop in the other carseat. I put Miss C on the floor to play while I go get the carseat and base down from her closet.

I immediately notice that the carseat straps are at the shortest setting. The last time we used this carseat, Miss C was 8 weeks old! She is much bigger now, so I had to rethread the carseat straps.

Once I had the base installed in the car, I buckled Miss C into the carseat and popped the carseat onto the base. We were finally off. About 5 minutes down the road I notice that Miss C is holding her head up off of the carseat. This was because the carseat base was on the lowest setting - a setting for newborns - all the way reclined. Miss C is used to sitting much more upright in her carseat. She rode the whole way to church holding her head up and away from the carseat.

Miss C and I made it - about 10 minutes late - not too bad considering.

DOTY learned a valuable lesson - Never leave the house with the carseat =)


To send in your MOTYM write ashleybeam@gmail.com. Don't forget to include your signature and a title for your piece. No poll this week because of Turkey Day. Posts sent in this week will be included in next week's poll.

No comments:

Post a Comment