Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Bloomers in "tact"

The day after Thanksgiving, my side of the family did our Family Christmas pictures. This is an annual tradition. It's really neat to see how our family changes over the years. Every year there are more people as some get married and some have babies. This year 4 had babies so we had 4 new ones including my own Miss C.

Family Christmas pictures bring one thing to mind - outfits. Especially outfits for those bebes. And this year those bebes had 2 cute outfits to wear - a casual look and a formal look. The kiddos did great for the casual look - smiling adoringly inspite of all the animal sounds their parents were squealing at them. Once that was done we quickly broke off, each parent whisking up their child to change them into the formal look.

I have learned that time is of the essence in these situations. You don't know how long your little one will endure pictures, and lots of people, and lots of noise, and changing clothes. So I quickly grabbed Miss C's formal Christmas dress and ripped off the tags. I then proceeded to put the dress on her. When I got the second arm in, Miss C began to scream. This was an "This hurts!" scream. I inspected the dress to see what was wrong, and discovered the dress apparently came with matching bloomers which were still tacked on to the inside of the dress. The plastic tacking thingy was wrapped around Miss C's little arm and was pinching her!

I started to take the dress back off, but that was making things worse so my sister ran to get the scissors and she cut Miss C loose. But there was no recovery from this tragedy. Miss C was out of sorts the rest of the night. She cried and spit up through the rest of the pictures and through the dinner afterward.

1 comment:

  1. But you have to admit, everything went great. I can't wait to see how the pictures turned out. And as far as Miss "C", I thought she was "PERFECT".

    ReplyDelete