Tuesday, November 10, 2009

About "Teachable Moment" Posts

One thing you may not know about me is that I love the Lord. He has blessed me with Miss C and I am so thankful. Miss C is really His child and it is my job to parent her while on this earth. I do not take that responsibility lightly.

God's word tells us:

"Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it." Proverbs 22:6

"Only be careful, and watch yourselves closely so that you do not forget the things your eyes have seen or let them slip from your heart as long as you live. Teach them to your children and to their children after them." Deuteronomy 4:9

Oh these verses sound great, but when do I don't have time to sit with Miss C everyday for an hour to teach her Biblical principles? Of course I don't. And that wouldn't work anyway. Can you imagine a 6 month old sitting and listening to me read the Bible? That's why there is this verse:

"These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up." Deuteronomy 6:6-7

You see, we are to be teaching our children constantly. Constantly giving them an example to follow and constantly seek out those "teachable moments" when we recognize God at work.

You know, in the car when you see a rainbow out the window. When little one asks "why is the sky blue?" In the bathtub when washing away the dirt of the day. All of these are teachable moments.

This recurring post, will recur when I come across a teachable moment or when you send me one of your teachable moments! I hope that this will help all of us be more intentional about our time with our little ones and to recognize those little moments when we could be pointing our little ones to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment