Monday, November 2, 2009

Got Milk?

I always pick Miss C up from my aunts house after work. That's my job. I love being the picker-upper. I get that sweet grin when I walk in and she sees me. My hubby on the other-hand gets the hard job. He's the dropper-offer. He doesn't mind too much and I really appreciate his willingness to do this so that I don't have to.

Hubby and I both had Friday off last week just to take a long weekend (sigh - ahhhh). So on Thursday, Hubby called me from work to say that he was getting off early and he asked if he could pick up Miss C and we could just meet at home. Yay - an early jump start to our weekend of relaxation! All went according to plan and the 3 of us met at home and had a glorious weekend.

This morning, Monday morning, I left for work as usual around 7 AM. Around 9 AM, I am busily working when I get a call from Hubby. There is no milk for Miss C at my aunt's house. It is my job as the picker-upper, to bring the milk to my aunt's house when I pick up Miss C. Since I didn't pick up on Thursday, I hadn't brought her any milk for Monday. Since Miss C likes to have her second breakfast at 9:30 AM, Hubby had to race back across town to our house to grab some milk from our freezer.

I felt completely helpless listening to the commotion taking place from my cubical on another side of town. Miss C got her milk at 9:40 AM and downed it by 9:42 AM.

Sorry Miss C! Thank you, Hubby!

No comments:

Post a Comment