Friday, November 13, 2009

Blow outs

I'm a follow the rules and frugal kind of gal so when a size 1 diaper says 8-14 pounds, you better believe Miss C was going to be in those diapers until she was 14 pounds. You see, a package of size 1 diapers comes with 40 diapers whereas a package of size 2 diapers only comes with 36. For the on-sale price of $8.99, that's a difference of 22 cents a diaper versus 25 cents a diaper!!

At the ripe age of 3 months, Miss C started having a few..... blow outs. I tried different brands, but that didn't seem to help. There was no way she was 14 pounds. Babies don't really double their birth weight until 4 months at the earliest and 13 pounds would be double her birth weight. So instead I began to attribute these blow outs to Miss C herself.

When picking her up from nursery and discovering they had to change her clothes, I simply replied, "Well, she's the blow out queen!"

A few weeks later, we attended Miss C's 4 month doctor's appointment. When put on the scale, Miss C weighed a whopping 14 and a half pounds!! I apologized to Miss C for calling her the "blow out queen" and put her in a size 2 immediately.

Lesson learned! Listen to your baby - not the packaging!

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you completely on the frugal part (and yes I also calculate the price per diaper when presented with sales to make sure I get the best deal and most diapers for my dollars.) I found for Q that as he neared the upper number of weight on the diaper, it would not close as well, or he would begin leaking onto his clothes. Sometimes I had to reluctantly go up a size just so he would be comfortable.

    ReplyDelete