Thursday, November 12, 2009

Liar, Liar Pants on Fire!

Our second contributor post of the week! Thank you SueSue! SueSue writes:

When my daughter was about 10 years old, we were spending the afternoon at her grandmother/my mother’s house.  Her grandmother and I planned a walk to visit a neighboring relative but my REW didn’t want to go and was actually a little stubborn about it.  So off we went and REW stayed at her grandmother’s house alone.  A few moments after we left, REW came running out the house, having changed her mind about coming on our walk/visit.  She caught up with us quickly and looked a little shaken up about something.  As we took a few more paces, I noticed a ginormous chunk of hair missing from the back of her head that was normally filled with long blonde hair.  I put on my best angry mother tone and asked her why she had cut her hair.  She told me that she hadn’t cut her hair, but had simply combed it and her hair fell out.  I was furious that she was blatantly lying to me and was going to call her bluff.  She kept saying she had merely combed her hair and not cut it, so we turned right around and went back to the house to find this comb that had made her hair fall out.  I kept waiting for her to recant her story as we walked back to the house, but she just kept promising me that it was the comb’s fault and I was getting more incensed by the second at her ability to keep up this charade.  We got back to the house and she took me into her grandmother’s room and opened one of the drawers to the vanity.  She pulled out a triangular shaped comb with various teeth sizes on each side of the triangle.  On one side of this triangle comb, there was actually a razor blade in the teeth that was used for thinning purposes.  REW had been telling the truth about the comb that pulled her hair out.  We were both so upset – REW-because her hair was gone and ME because I had called my child a liar!  Have no fear though, almost 20 years later, my REW still brings it up and reminds me of my slip!

**********
Haha! Poor lil' REW - just trying to look nice by brushing her hair =)

To send in your MOTYM write ashleybeam@gmail.com. Don't forget to include your signature and a title for your piece. 

1 comment:

  1. That's a good one....who would think a comb could make your hair fall out. Because how many countless kids get a hold of scissors and cut their own hair!

    ReplyDelete