Monday, November 23, 2009

Super Sweet Gravy

DB has given us our very first Thanksgiving MOTYM. Enjoy!

Several years ago, my Mom and I were cooking Thanksgiving Dinner. I was making gravy and I couldn't get it to thicken. I kept adding what I thought was corn starch to no avail. The problem - I had pulled down the powdered sugar canister which was identical to the one I kept corn starch in. (In case you've never noticed, corn starch and powdered sugar look exactly the same.)

I added a bit of corn starch and my concoction started to thicken. What to do? Everything else was ready, so I served it and told no one (except Momm as she watched the entire fiasco).

To me, it tasted really sweet, but noone else seemed to notice! I think about this every year when I'm making the gravy!


To send in your MOTYM write ashleybeam@gmail.com. Don't forget to include your signature and a title for your piece. No poll this week because of Turkey Day. Posts from this week will be included in next week's poll.

No comments:

Post a Comment