Thursday, November 5, 2009

A Babe's best friend

Second entry! JLowes writes...

As many of you know, a pacifier is probably one of your child's best friends during the first year of life. There is something about having the paci that soothes a child to sleep, comforts in times of hurt, and simply entertains (my little MAC likes to twirl it in her mouth and even play hot potato). One Sunday morning I was picking MAC up from the church nursery and in my excitement to see her sweet smiling face, I grabbed her and the bag and we were on our merry way. I should probably preface this by saying we have left many things in the nursery including a lonely sock, a hairbow that was never found, and even shoes. So we walked outside, put MAC in her carseat and started our 20 minute track home. However, about 5 minutes from the church, MAC started screaming. Now she is usually a happy babe so if she is screaming to the top of her lungs then she is probably tired or hungry. Being that she shouldn't quite be hungry, I figured it must be that she's tired. No problem, reach into the diaper bag, grab the paci, and done. Wait...(digging through diaper bag)...where is the paci? Did you grab the paci (talking to my hubby)? I didn't grab the paci.......OH NO!!! Poor MAC screamed all the way home because she was sooooo exhausted from having only a short nap or no nap at all (you guessed it, I forgot to ask) in Sunday school. Yes, that 20 minute drive seemed more like an hour. Way to go mom, you definitely get the MOTY award for making your child suffer when it could have all been solved with one simple thing!!

-----------------
Whew! Got to love those long car rides with a screaming baby and don't you just hate it when the solution is so simple. Thanks JLowes!

1 comment:

  1. I've definitley had a paci moment!! Except I left ours at HOME and he had to go the WHOLE church time without it...luckily, I think they found a brand new, unopened one so he wouldn't scream the whole time! This was back when he was pretty little and definitely needed it to sleep during nursery.

    ReplyDelete