Tuesday, November 3, 2009

11/3/09 Moms in the News

Meet Cathy Ferguson. November is Pancreatic Awareness Month in the city of Lafayette because of her valiant efforts. She is determined to not let her son's death from pancreatic cancer drag her down or stop her from preventing the disease from killing others.

Meet Heidi Trainor - honored today by Modern Woodman of America for being a hometown hero. Her stories are very inspiring if you need a boost. I love this quote from her: “I enjoy work. It relaxes me.” I wish I felt that way about work!

Meet Cynthia Lane - chosen to be a torchbearer in this year's winter Olympics. She will be running on December 23rd. Cynthia has 2 daughters. The oldest is a nationally ranked swimmer and the youngest is mentally handicapped and competes in the Special Olympics. What an awesome example for her daughters!

No comments:

Post a Comment