Monday, November 9, 2009

11/9/09 Moms in the News

What a weekend for moms! I have a ton of fabulous moms in the news for you today. These women are awesome!

Sgt Kimberly Munley - This amazing mom of 2 is the same woman who looked death in the face as she took down the man unloading shots on our troops at Fort Hood in Texas. Thanks to this awesome lady, many lives were saved on Thursday, November 5th! I love this article about her - take a gander!

Meet Nausheen Chant a soon to be mother in about 3 months. Her husband, a Brittish soldier has died fighting in Afghanistan and will never get to meet his unborn child. Nausheen is proud of her husband and plans to teach her son all about his daddy.

Meet Mary Fox. Mary Fox died saving her son's life. She pushed him out the window of her burning house as she was engulfed in flames. Teenagers had set her house on fire with fireworks as a prank. They were bullying her mentally handicapped son. She took her last bit of energy left to save her son. What will I use my energy for? myself? or others?

Meet Vanessa Castillo. Vanessa is from Mexico. Immediately after she gave birth doctors rushed her baby away saying something was wrong. They later told her the baby had died and was cremated. Vanessa would not accept this as fact. After a clue was given to her via email, she asserted herself. Vanessa's babe had been sold on the black market. Her babe was found and returned to her. It has now been a WHOLE YEAR since the baby was born. Because of Vanessa, police are finding that doctor's group did this with several babies. They are hopeful they can find the babies and reunite them to their parents. This article I have linked to isn't the best for this story. I read several articles and have lost my link to my favorite so I have done my best to paraphrase those details which I thought were the coolest and were not included in the story I linked to.

Meet Lynsee. Last name not given for anonymity. Lynsee will be LIVE streaming her birth in just a few days from the www.momslikeme.com website. She is doing it for educational purposes, but will not be showing any of those angles. Good luck to you Lynsee! All I have to say is "not me!"

No comments:

Post a Comment