Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Hair Accessories

RJ is absolutely right in her post - a mom must accessorize her daughter's hair with a bow or headband or something when taking pictures or when wearing a special outfit or dress. So to follow up on that, here is another one of my MOTYM.

Another time when hair accessories are absolutely necessary is when the babe is first born and can easily be mistaken for a boy. Yes, I said it. I would never mistake your babe for a boy, but others might would. Miss C used to wear headbands and bows all the time in the beginning. My favorite were those stretchy headbands. But I made 2 mistakes with those things.

The first mistake was when I let Miss C wear her headband in the car. About 5 minutes into my drive Miss C begins to cry. This is not unusual so I just turn up the music. Not to drown her out - hah, I know that is what you were thinking. I turn it up because Miss C likes music and it usually quiets her down. Not this time though. This time Miss C screamed through the music and made sure I could hear her. My 15 minute drive seemed more like eternity with her wailing in the back. I kept saying "Oh, you're ok", "We're almost there", and "I know, I know" in my best mommy voice. Finally, we arrived. I jump out of the car, run to the back and throw open the door to find Miss C's headband has fallen and is sitting over her eyes and she was shaking her head from side to side trying to get it off - ouch! So... she doesn't wear headbands in the car anymore!

The second mistake goes something like this: Did you know that those headband things are not one size fits all? I took Miss C's headband off one day to find an indention around her soft newborn head! Yup, time to move up to the next size! Thank the Lord those soft heads are resilient.

No comments:

Post a Comment