Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Class Picture Day

The first guest post - woohoo! RJ writes....

My daughter goes to a church daycare one half day a week so her caregiver (my mom) can have a few hours to run some errands or just sleep in! The program at the church has been wonderful – filled with little take home projects and field trips and weekly newsletters. I love it. A few weeks ago was class picture day. It was so fun to try and think of an outfit for her to wear for her first school picture.

I had just the outfit in mind. It was a romper with a beautiful brown/blue toile pattern and a big bow to tie in the back. She looked so adorable in it- even better than the baby in the catalog (of course, I am biased). I put the outfit on just before we left for church so she wouldn’t mess it up during her time in the morning before daycare. We hurried out the door and headed to church to get in line to take our picture. Katie squirmed and cried most of the way to church which isn’t terribly unusual for her. When I got her out of the car, she was still squirming and fussing and was pulling at the bow on the back of the romper. She kept tugging at her side too like she was scratching herself. I was beginning to think she was having her first tantrum at the ripe old age of 11 months. I was so upset that she would act this way on school picture day. It was like she knew it was a big deal and was trying to ruin it. However, upon further inspection at what she was digging and scratching at, I realized that I had left the big plastic tag (approximately 1x3 inches) along with the “extra buttons” pack attached to the inside of the romper and it was digging into her side! I felt awful to think that I had assumed my child was rebelling against school picture day and me. I felt awful to think I drove all the way to church with her securely fastened in her car seat with plastic tags and buttons digging into her! So I removed the tags and the button pack and gave her a great big hug and kiss and we went to take pictures. Did I mention that in my haste to get out the door in her new pretty outfit that I forgot a bow for her hair? What little girl takes pictures without a bow in her hair. Luckily, my friend let me borrow the bow out of her daughter’s hair. Now that’s a contender for mom of the year, for sure!

1 comment:

  1. haha, poor lil girl! Looks like you realized in time, though:)

    ReplyDelete