Thursday, November 19, 2009

The Case of the Red Frilly Panties

"Dot" writes,

My youngest was 2 1/2 and recently potty trained. Following her nightly bath, I would put training pants on her for sleeping. One Sunday morning, I dressed her for church and told her to run put on her "frilly panties." She quickly reappeared, dressed in red frilly panties that did not match her dress. This was many years ago, and red frilly panties were a novelty, to say the least.

I immediately noticed the panties showing through her dress as toddler dresses were extremely full and very short back then). In my haste I exclaimed, "Go take those off, they aren't for church!" True to her sweet, compliant nature, she turned around and headed for her room.

That Sunday was also my first time back in the choir since her birth. It was a small country church and I sat her & her older sister on the front pew where I could watch them. They were being so good, but about halfway through the service, she got tired and laid down on the pew. The choir loft was on the left side of the church, so I didn't have a front view of them, but I could see their heads from the side. The choir director, (who had a clear front view) kept looking back at me, smiling, so I would smile back, thinking how sweet they looked.

After the service, the choir director said, "I think your little one forgot something this morning. She's not wearing any panties!"

She was still asleep on the front pew, her "full moon" aimed at the front of the church!

Needless to say, I had a "panty check" every Sunday thereafter.


To send in your MOTYM write ashleybeam@gmail.com. Don't forget to include your signature and a title for your piece. If you want your MOTYM included in this week's poll, send it in by 9 PM tonight! Otherwise, it will be included in next week's poll.

3 comments:

  1. Is this the "Dot" I think it is???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Then that makes this story even funnier!! I've never heard this family story before....some red frilly panties would make a cute "gag" gift for a certain someone this year..... :-)

    ReplyDelete