Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Wow she's fast!

Just so you know, a lot of my MOTY stories will be about babies....because all I have is a baby! I would love to hear some MOTY stories about teenagers, toddlers and all the in between so if you are a mom of one of those or at one time you were a mom of one of those, send me your story!!

When Miss C was 2 weeks old, the Daddy of the Year (DOTY) and I celebrated our 4 year anniversary! We decided to venture out for the first time to a restaurant. We took a bottle with us - Miss C's second bottle ever. We had practiced the bottle with her the night before to make sure she would take it. She, of course, was a champ so now we were confident.

The date was wonderful. We enjoyed our dinner while we stared at Miss C the whole time. Just as we were paying the check, 7:00 pm came. Dinner time for Miss C. Do we stay at the table and give her the bottle or try to make it home before we give it to her? DOTY and I are daredevils so we decided to take our chances.

About 5 minutes down the road we learned this was a very bad idea. A very hungry Miss C was very angry with us and was letting us know what a terrible decision we had made. At a red light, I jumped out of the front passenger seat and flew into the backseat next to her. I triumphantly pulled the bottle out of the diaper bag and held it for her.

Two week old Miss C's lips began to move faster than I had ever seen them move. Milk began pouring down her chin and all over her clothes. What on earth?? I tried again. Definitely more milk ON her than going IN her.

It was then that I looked...ooops...I had put a fast nipple on the bottle. Miss C was trying desperately to catch that steady stream of milk, but she wasn't fast enough.

To send in your MOTYM write ashleybeam@gmail.com. Don't forget to include your signature and a title for your piece. 

No comments:

Post a Comment